Tuesday, March 3, 2009

december's gravity



You got under my skin. You scratched and pulled and clawed your way through. And now I am stuck in your gravity, pinned to these thoughts and unanswered questions. My head tells me it is stupid, that there wasn't enough, that I knew better all along. My head assures me that it isn't reciprocated, it never was. My head says I grew up and forgot your name. My head says I took a deep breath and forgave you. My head is smart. My head knows better. And on the good days, my heart believes my head. So I laugh and crush and dance and flirt; spinning circles round my heart, moving too fast to notice the tug and pull. But then I hear that song, or I dream that dream, your laughter bounces off these walls, and your gravity stifles me again. You hold me without chains and nothing is taking me down. Except you, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment